The 2021-22 season continues with a highlight of the baroque operatic repertoire: the tour of Handel’s Radamisto with performances in France, Spain, Germany and Switzerland.
Handel’s first opera performed in 1720 at the Royal Academy of Music in London, Radamisto was a great success in its time before entering a 240-year sleep. The intensity of the dramatic situations and the quality of the score, both in its musical and vocal sections, make it one of great Handelian works.
This October il Pomo d’Oro will present the opera in concert version with its principal guest conductor Francesco Corti and a cast of stellar voices: Philippe Jaroussky (Radamisto), Marie-Nicole Lemieux (Zenobia), Emőke Baráth (Polissena), Zachary Wilder (Tiridate), Renato Dolcini (Farasmane), Anna Bonitatibus (Tigrane) and Alicia Amo (Fraarte).
• October 4: Montpellier: Opéra Berlioz / Le Corum
• October 6: Barcelona: Palau de la Música Catalana
• October 8: Paris: Théâtre des Champs-Elysées
• October 10: Essen: Philharmonie Essen
• October 12: Madrid: Auditorio Nacional
• October 14: Geneva: Victoria Hall